PICK UP & DELIVERY
IMPELLER REPAIR AND REPLACMENT
We stock over 30 refurbished and new impellers so we can get you back on the water as quickly as possible. If you are on a budget or you are looking for more durability or performance we have what you need.
The most common syptom of a bad or damaged impeller is your ski rpm goes up but your ski dosent move or it moves much slower that normal. Some quick things to check is if a rope, rocks, trash, sticks or any debris was sucked up into your jet pump. Make sure your ski is off, take a flashlight and you can look down your jet nozzle and see if anything is stuck. If you can get under your ski you can look in through your intake grate towards the back of the ski and see the back side of your impeller and look for more deris or any sings that something was sucked up. If you see big dents or dings this can be the casue of your issue
- New Impeller Pros
- Aftermarket Impelller like Solas and Skat- Trak typically are stronger than original impellers
- You can get different pitched impllleres for better perfomance
- Some original impellers are know to crack and need to be upgraded
- Refurbished Impeller Pros
- Half the price of new Impeller
- New Impeller Cons
- Can be almost double the price of a refurbished impeller
- some impellers use a differnt tool than the original impeller to install (if you buy a new impeller it should come with the tool)
- Refurbished Impeller Cons
- Soft material that bends and damages easier
To avoid damaging your impeller always try to stay in debris free deeper water. Dont turn your ski on until you are in waist deep of water. You can pick up sand and rocks off the bottom of the lake or ocean floor. Try to avoid any plants or debris that you see in the water. If you do get something in your jet pump remove it before running the eingine. Remove all tie downs when launching your PWC. Tie downs hanigng on the trailer or ski can easily get sucked up into your pump and ruin your day before it gets started.
Running your PWC with a bad impeller will give you poor performacne which could in turn cause more damage. With poor perfomance you run the risk of overworking the engine and potentially cause an engine failure. You also run the risk of dmaging the jet pump housing or bend a drive shaft. You could take a less expensive repair turn into a very costly one.